Tuesday 28 June 2011

Something I want to make clear ...

Religion is not only untrue. I wouldn't be so opposed to it as I am if that were the case. I do not hate religious people. I respect people for who they are; not what they are. But it is quite common that any small amount of criticism and mockery of religion sounds like and is held in the same boat as hate-speech. This is also untrue, and it is one factor as to why such delusions continue.

I am opposed to religion because it makes a virtue of irrational, illogical, non-thinking and out of that breeds intolerance, hatred, bigotry, and violence, as well as ignorance and outright rejection of modern science. This is not to say that that all religious believers think this, but by counting themselves as one of the herd of sheep, they are part of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment